- Cooking Time: 10min
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3c Cream
- 1tblsp Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 4-5 leaves fresh Spinach, chopped
- 3-4tblsp Ricotta
- 3-4tblsp Parmesan
- Salt, and Black & Red Pepper to taste
- 1 slice buttered & toasted Bread
- Heat broiler to 500deg F.
- Pour cream and pat butter in small Gratin dish. Put under broiler for 4-6min til butter melts and cream begins to brown. Remove from oven.
- Carefully break eggs into cream & butter in dish, keeping yolks whole. Sprinkle with chopped spinach, then little dollops of ricotta and finally parmesan. Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Put under broiler, and broil til brown and bubbly, approx 4-6min. This is a good time to toast and butter that slice of bread.
- Serve eggs atop toast like Eggs Benedict.
NotesThis is a take on French-style baked eggs. I like eggs anytime- they're fast, easy and can be very elegant. This is a SUPERB morning-after, make-a-lasting-impression breakfast to serve your Valentine, by the way...