- Cooking Time: 10min
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3c Cream
- 1tblsp Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 4-5 leaves fresh Spinach, chopped
- 3-4tblsp Ricotta
- 3-4tblsp Parmesan
- Salt, and Black & Red Pepper to taste
- 1 slice buttered & toasted Bread
- Heat broiler to 500deg F.
- Pour cream and pat butter in small Gratin dish. Put under broiler for 4-6min til butter melts and cream begins to brown. Remove from oven.
- Carefully break eggs into cream & butter in dish, keeping yolks whole. Sprinkle with chopped spinach, then little dollops of ricotta and finally parmesan. Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Put under broiler, and broil til brown and bubbly, approx 4-6min. This is a good time to toast and butter that slice of bread.
- Serve eggs atop toast like Eggs Benedict.
NotesThis is a take on French-style baked eggs. I like eggs anytime- they're fast, easy and can be very elegant. This is a SUPERB morning-after, make-a-lasting-impression breakfast to serve your Valentine, by the way...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
The Social Cookbook
Get Cookin'See More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More