- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large leeks, white and pale green only -- coarsely chopped (3 to 4 leeks)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 large Fresh Eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon -- chopped
- Ground pepper -- to taste
- Preheat oven to 375º. Grease a 9" × 13" glass baking dish. In butter, sauté leeks until tender. Spread in bottom of baking dish. Mix cheese and spread all but 1/2 cup over the leeks. Whisk together eggs, cream, tarragon and pepper. Pour into dish. (At this point, dish can be refrigerated overnight). Bake for 30 minutes until top is golden brown and center is set. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and return to oven until cheese melts.
NotesI love preparing this right after dinner - my breakfast is all ready for the am. It's a great company dish too for brunch or for overnight guests.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More