- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 15 1/2 oz canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 salt
- 1/4 baking soda
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Tahini (Tribe of Two Sheiks Sesame Tahini, or other brand)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 8 piece lettuce
- 4 large pitas
- Combine chickpeas, onion, parsley/cilantro, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt and baking soda in a food processor or blender. Process until mixture is coarsely pureed and transfer to large bowl.
- Stir in flour; shape mixture into 4 large patties and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook until golden brown, flipping once, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven and bake 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, whisk together tahini, water and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- To assemble sandwiches, place 2 lettuce leaves inside each pita, add 1 falafel patty and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of tahini dressing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
The Naked MacaronSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More