- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 15 1/2 oz canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 salt
- 1/4 baking soda
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Tahini (Tribe of Two Sheiks Sesame Tahini, or other brand)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 8 piece lettuce
- 4 large pitas
- Combine chickpeas, onion, parsley/cilantro, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt and baking soda in a food processor or blender. Process until mixture is coarsely pureed and transfer to large bowl.
- Stir in flour; shape mixture into 4 large patties and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook until golden brown, flipping once, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven and bake 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, whisk together tahini, water and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- To assemble sandwiches, place 2 lettuce leaves inside each pita, add 1 falafel patty and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of tahini dressing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More