- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 lb Lean ground lamb
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 lrg Pinch of cayenne
- 1 lrg Pinch saffron threads, soaked in a little water
- 2 tbl Chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbl Chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package filo dough
- Melted butter
- Combine the lamb, onion, garlic, cumin, ginger, paprika, cinnamon, cayenne, saffron, parsley, coriander, salt and pepper in a frying pan and cook over a medium heat, uncovered and stirring occasionally.
- Cook for about 6 minutes, or until the moisture has completely evaporated and the lamb has cooked.
- Drain off and discard the fat. Add the egg and continue to stir for about 1 minute, or until it is cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Cut 3 inch wide strips of filo.
- Brush 1 strip with melted butter and place another one on top.
- Brush with the butter and place a heaped teaspoon of filling at one end.
- Fold the corner in to make a triangle.
- Fold along the line as you would in folding a flat.
- Repeat with the remaining filo and filling.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, until golden.
- Serve immediately, warm or at room temperature.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Jean’s Recipe File
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More