- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 lb Lean ground lamb
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 lrg Pinch of cayenne
- 1 lrg Pinch saffron threads, soaked in a little water
- 2 tbl Chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbl Chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package filo dough
- Melted butter
- Combine the lamb, onion, garlic, cumin, ginger, paprika, cinnamon, cayenne, saffron, parsley, coriander, salt and pepper in a frying pan and cook over a medium heat, uncovered and stirring occasionally.
- Cook for about 6 minutes, or until the moisture has completely evaporated and the lamb has cooked.
- Drain off and discard the fat. Add the egg and continue to stir for about 1 minute, or until it is cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Cut 3 inch wide strips of filo.
- Brush 1 strip with melted butter and place another one on top.
- Brush with the butter and place a heaped teaspoon of filling at one end.
- Fold the corner in to make a triangle.
- Fold along the line as you would in folding a flat.
- Repeat with the remaining filo and filling.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, until golden.
- Serve immediately, warm or at room temperature.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More