- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 pound cod fillets
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic. Cook until tender about 4 minutes. Add the celery and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes. Do not brown add the flour and stir well. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the milk and bring just to a boil. Season with salt, pepper and hot sauce. Stir in the chili sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Place rice into the bottom of the prepared pan. Arrange the fish fillets over the rice in a single layer. Place the sliced tomatoes over the fish and pour the sauce over the top.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until fish is just cooked and flakes easily with a fork
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More