- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped, about 1/3 c.
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 1 (15-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 pounds cod or haddock, rinsed and dried
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 lb. angel hair, cooked just shy of al dente, about 4 or 5 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375.
- To a small skillet preheated over medium heat, add olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook onions 5 min, until translucent. Add wine to the pan and reduce for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and break up tomatoes with a wooden spoon as they heat through. When the sauce comes to a boil (2 or 3 min), remove it from the heat and stir in parsley.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Pour a few spoonfuls of sauce into the bottom of a shallow baking dish (I used a 9x13, but I'd recommend something a little smaller if you have it...maybe 9x9?). Add fish to the dish in a single layer. Add remaining sauce and bake 15 to 17 min until fish is firm and opaque.
- Remove fish to serving plate or dinner plates. Spoon a few bits of tomato and sauce over the fish. To the remaining sauce in the baking dish add 2 Tbsp butter cut into small pieces. Add hot pasta to butter and sauce and turn pasta in dish to coat evenly and to allow pasta to absorb juices. Pile pasta alongside fish and serve. If you are entertaining, try bundling portions of pasta around a large, 2-pronged meat fork, by twisting the fork in the pasta allowing it to curl up the fork. Shimmy the twisted pasta off the fork on to a plate you will create pasta "nests."
NotesWhat a yummy recipe! So far I've tried it with fluke, and it's worked out well. I used the pre-seasoned diced canned tomatoes instead of the stewed as well...I think it adds a little extra zing!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Special SmoothiesSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More