- Cooking Time: 55-60
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lemons sliced in 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 2 med onions, sliced into very thin rounds
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme, plus sprigs for serving
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 6 oz. fish fillets.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange lemons and onions along the bottom of a glass baking dish.
- Dot with butter, add wine, and 1/4 cup water.
- Sprinkle with chopped thyme, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until onions are translucent about 40 min.
- Remove baking dish from oven.
- Arrange fish fillets over lemon and onions.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper.
- Scatter thyme sprigs over fish.
- Baste fish with cooking liquid.
- Bake until fish is opaque and cooked through, about 16-18 min.
- Do not overcook fish.
- Serve fish with onions and lemons.
NotesThis is a really nice fish recipe but it takes a little extra time and work than I like to spend on an everyday dinner. I usually save it for a nice dinner or to have people over for dinner. I have also used Talapia white fish instead and it works very well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Simple Homemade Favorites
culinary karmaSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More