- Cooking Time: 55-60
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lemons sliced in 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 2 med onions, sliced into very thin rounds
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme, plus sprigs for serving
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 6 oz. fish fillets.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange lemons and onions along the bottom of a glass baking dish.
- Dot with butter, add wine, and 1/4 cup water.
- Sprinkle with chopped thyme, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until onions are translucent about 40 min.
- Remove baking dish from oven.
- Arrange fish fillets over lemon and onions.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper.
- Scatter thyme sprigs over fish.
- Baste fish with cooking liquid.
- Bake until fish is opaque and cooked through, about 16-18 min.
- Do not overcook fish.
- Serve fish with onions and lemons.
NotesThis is a really nice fish recipe but it takes a little extra time and work than I like to spend on an everyday dinner. I usually save it for a nice dinner or to have people over for dinner. I have also used Talapia white fish instead and it works very well.