- Cooking Time: 40 min.
- Servings: 6 - 8
- Preparation Time: 20 min. / Overnight
- • 1 loaf French bread (13 to 16 ounces)
- • 8 large eggs
- • 2 cups half-and-half
- • 1 cup milk
- • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- • Dash salt
- • Praline Topping, recipe follows
- • Maple syrup
- Praline Topping:
- • 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
- • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- • 1 cup chopped pecans
- • 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Praline Topping Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and blend well. Makes enough for Baked French Toast Casserole.
NotesThis recipe was a favorite that my Nana always baked for Christmas morning breakfast. It is easily double and because you make it ahead of time, you can put in the oven and open presents with the family without fussing in the kitchen. We have enough to do in the kitchen Christmas day.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More