- Cooking Time: 40 min.
- Servings: 6 - 8
- Preparation Time: 20 min. / Overnight
- • 1 loaf French bread (13 to 16 ounces)
- • 8 large eggs
- • 2 cups half-and-half
- • 1 cup milk
- • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- • Dash salt
- • Praline Topping, recipe follows
- • Maple syrup
- Praline Topping:
- • 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
- • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- • 1 cup chopped pecans
- • 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Praline Topping Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and blend well. Makes enough for Baked French Toast Casserole.
NotesThis recipe was a favorite that my Nana always baked for Christmas morning breakfast. It is easily double and because you make it ahead of time, you can put in the oven and open presents with the family without fussing in the kitchen. We have enough to do in the kitchen Christmas day.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Summertime SippersSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More