- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * FRENCH TOAST
- * 1 loaf Crusty Sourdough Or French Bread
- * 8 whole Eggs
- * 2 cups Whole Milk
- * ½ cups Whipping (heavy) Cream
- * ¾ cups Sugar
- * 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- * Topping
- * ½ cups All-purpose Flour
- * ½ cups Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- * 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- * ¼ teaspoons Salt
- * 1 stick Cold Butter, Cut Into Pieces
- * Fresh Fruit (optional)
- Grease 9 x 13-inch baking pan with butter. Tear bread into chunks (or cut into cubes) and evenly distribute in the pan.
- Mix together eggs, milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla. Pour evenly over bread. Cover tightly and store in the fridge several hours or overnight.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add nutmeg if desired.
- Add butter pieces and cut into the dry mixture until mixture resembles fine pebbles. Store in a Ziploc in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to bake the casserole, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove casserole from oven and sprinkle crumb mixture over the top. (If you’re using fruit, sprinkle on before the crumb mixture.) Bake for 45 minutes for a softer, more bread pudding texture. Bake 1 hour or more for a firmer, less liquid texture.
- Scoop out individual portions. Top with butter and drizzle with maple syrup.
NotesI recently started reading blogs and found this one. This woman has some great recipes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More