- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIs it FUDGE or BROWNIES....just have to make it and see!!!
Now you do have to use a cast iron skillet to make them in, my grand mother Kelly never used any thing else. She had a square pan, that belong to her grandmother Raines. was hand cast, from what I'd been told. And be sure to grease, not spray.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons shortening (not butter)
- Dash of salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix sugar, shortening, salt, flour and eggs.
- Add cocoa and vanilla extract.
- Pour into a greased cast iron skillet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes (more or less, depending on the size of your skillet).
- Fudge will be done when the top is crusty all the way across.