- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups regular grits
- 16 ounces Cheddar, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 8 ounces grated sharp white Cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 4-quart casserole dish.
- Bring the broth, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan. Stir in the grits and whisk until completely combined. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the grits are thick, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the cubed Cheddar and milk and stir. Gradually stir in the eggs and butter, stirring until all are combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with the white Cheddar and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set.
NotesAnother Paula Deen recipe. I can't help it but just about everything this woman makes looks so darned good. I've never been a real grits fan but I'm going to have to try this!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More