- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces fontina cheese (about 1 1/2 cups) -- grated
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- unsalted butter for baking dish
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- Basic Potato Gnocchi (See separate recipie)
- Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until just simmering. Add 2/3 of the cheese; stir until melted. Stir in nutmeg and the pepper. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400. Butter an 8" square baking dish; set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add the salt. Add 1/2 the gnocchi; when they rise to the top (after about 2 minutes), continue to cook until tender, about 15 seconds more. Transfer gnocchi to buttered dish. Repeat process with remaining gnocchi.
- Pour cheese sauce over gnocchi, and gently toss. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake gnocchi until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
"Martha Stewart Living"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More