- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 pounds goat cheese
- 14 dried Mission figs -- (1 cup) sliced
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large Spanish onions -- thinly sliced
- 10 cloves garlic -- crushed
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 baguettes -- sliced, for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Crumble the goat cheese into an oven safe dish and set aside.
- In a sauce pot combine the figs and sherry with enough water to barely cover the figs.
- Place the sauce pot over high heat and bring up to a bubble, cover and remove from the heat and let the figs plump while the onions are cooking. Pour the olive oil into a large skillet and place over medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the plumped figs from the sauce pot, leaving behind any of the pluming liquid.
- Add the figs to the cooked onions, stir to combine and then spoon over the goat cheese. Place the dish into the top half of the oven for 20 minutes, until the edges begin to bubble. Remove and serve immediately with sliced baguettes.
NotesI'm just going through my recipes for the holidays and I'm finding all kinds of appetizers that I haven't made in a while that were so good. I got this from the Food Network, I believe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More