BAKED HAM WITH BALSAMIC BROWN SUGAR GLAZE
- 6- to 8-pound fully cooked smoked bone-in ham
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Orange slices, if desired
- Maraschino cherries, if desired
1. Heat oven to 325ºF.
Place ham, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan.
Insert meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of ham and does not touch bone or rest in fat. Cover loosely and bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 2 hours 15 minutes or until thermometer reads 135°F (13 to 17 minutes per pound).
2. About 20 minutes before ham is done, remove from oven.
Pour drippings from pan.
Remove any skin from ham.
Mix brown sugar, vinegar and mustard; pat or brush on ham.
Bake uncovered 20 minutes longer.
3. Cover ham loosely and let stand about 10 minutes or until thermometer reads 140°F.
Garnish with orange slices and cherries.