- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 of 8 oz package cream cheese,softened
- 1/3 C sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 C pepper-jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 TBLS Chipotle Tabasco
- 12 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 egg, beaten
- splash of water
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed corn flake cereal
- 1 - 2 tsp Penzey's Arizona Dreaming Seasoning
- Olive Oil mist
- Cut & seed Jalapenos.
- Place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake 15 minutes at 325F. This is just to take the crunch off them. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- While they're cooling, combine cheeses, mayo & Chipotle Tabasco.
- Crush cornflakes. I did this in my KitchenAid food processor until I had fine crumbs.
- Mix Arizona Dreaming Seasoning with cornflakes.
- Fill cooled jalapenos with cheese mixture.
- Whisk egg w/water and brush the tops off the filled peppers.
- Sprinkle seasoned cornflake crumbs over each pepper.
- Lightly spray peppers with olive oil.
- Bake at 325F for about 30 minutes.
- Serve plain or with dipping sauces of your choice!
NotesThis was a Daily Dish email from another recipe site, but I made quite a few changes to the recipe to make it my own!
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Italian White Bean Soup
Butterscotch Hard Candy
Meringue Candy CanesSee More