- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 of 8 oz package cream cheese,softened
- 1/3 C sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 C pepper-jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 TBLS Chipotle Tabasco
- 12 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 egg, beaten
- splash of water
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed corn flake cereal
- 1 - 2 tsp Penzey's Arizona Dreaming Seasoning
- Olive Oil mist
- Cut & seed Jalapenos.
- Place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake 15 minutes at 325F. This is just to take the crunch off them. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- While they're cooling, combine cheeses, mayo & Chipotle Tabasco.
- Crush cornflakes. I did this in my KitchenAid food processor until I had fine crumbs.
- Mix Arizona Dreaming Seasoning with cornflakes.
- Fill cooled jalapenos with cheese mixture.
- Whisk egg w/water and brush the tops off the filled peppers.
- Sprinkle seasoned cornflake crumbs over each pepper.
- Lightly spray peppers with olive oil.
- Bake at 325F for about 30 minutes.
- Serve plain or with dipping sauces of your choice!
NotesThis was a Daily Dish email from another recipe site, but I made quite a few changes to the recipe to make it my own!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More