BAKED JALAPENO POPPERS
- 2/3 of 8 oz package cream cheese,softened
- 1/3 C sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 C pepper-jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 TBLS Chipotle Tabasco
- 12 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 egg, beaten
- splash of water
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed corn flake cereal
- 1 - 2 tsp Penzey's Arizona Dreaming Seasoning
- Olive Oil mist
Cut & seed Jalapenos.
Place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake 15 minutes at 325F. This is just to take the crunch off them. Allow to cool to room temperature.
While they're cooling, combine cheeses, mayo & Chipotle Tabasco.
Crush cornflakes. I did this in my KitchenAid food processor until I had fine crumbs.
Mix Arizona Dreaming Seasoning with cornflakes.
Fill cooled jalapenos with cheese mixture.
Whisk egg w/water and brush the tops off the filled peppers.
Sprinkle seasoned cornflake crumbs over each pepper.
Lightly spray peppers with olive oil.
Bake at 325F for about 30 minutes.
Serve plain or with dipping sauces of your choice!
Website Credit: http://sprytesplace.blogspot.com/2010/09/baked-jalapeno-poppers.html