- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/2 lb Smoked Kielbasa
- 1 large Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lb Sauerkraut
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- Slice kielbasa into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Rinse and drain.
- Cook over medium heat in skillet with a touch of oil for about 10 minutes (until fat us rendered and lightly browned).
- Pour out excess fat.
- Stir in onion and saute until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sauerkraut, broth, mustard and allspice and heat until it comes to a boil.
- Transfer to a deep baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
NotesI found this quick and easy recipe online. Kielbasa and sauerkraut is one of my boyfriend's favorites and he loves this recipe. Note I try this out with all different kinds of Kielbasa - try Lean Turkey to try to cut calories and fat.
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More