- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. boneless,skinless chicken breast halves(4 halves)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. water
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- Chinese lemon sauce
- chopped green onions
- lemon slices
- 1/3 cup low fat reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. water
- Heat broth,sugar,lemon peel,lemon juice,vinegar,corn syrup,garlic and salt in a 1 qt. saucepan,stirring occasionally.Mix cornstarch and water,stir into saucepan.Cook and stir about 30 seconds or till thickened.Serve warm,or cover and refrigerate 2 weeks
- Cut breasts in half crosswise.Mix egg white and water in medium bowl.
- Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from egg white mixture;discard.
- Mix flour,baking soda and pepper in a plastic bag.
- Add 1 chicken piece at a time.
- Seal bag and shake to coat chicken.
- Place chicken on baking sheet;spray with cooking spray for 5 seconds or till it appears moist.
- Bake,uncovered,for 20-25 minutes or till juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest part are cut.
- Prepare Chinese lemon sauce.
- Let chicken stand 5 minutes,cut each piece crosswise into 5 pieces.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Garnish with green onions and lemon slices
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More