- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. boneless,skinless chicken breast halves(4 halves)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. water
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- Chinese lemon sauce
- chopped green onions
- lemon slices
- 1/3 cup low fat reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. water
- Heat broth,sugar,lemon peel,lemon juice,vinegar,corn syrup,garlic and salt in a 1 qt. saucepan,stirring occasionally.Mix cornstarch and water,stir into saucepan.Cook and stir about 30 seconds or till thickened.Serve warm,or cover and refrigerate 2 weeks
- Cut breasts in half crosswise.Mix egg white and water in medium bowl.
- Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from egg white mixture;discard.
- Mix flour,baking soda and pepper in a plastic bag.
- Add 1 chicken piece at a time.
- Seal bag and shake to coat chicken.
- Place chicken on baking sheet;spray with cooking spray for 5 seconds or till it appears moist.
- Bake,uncovered,for 20-25 minutes or till juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest part are cut.
- Prepare Chinese lemon sauce.
- Let chicken stand 5 minutes,cut each piece crosswise into 5 pieces.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Garnish with green onions and lemon slices
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More