- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 ounces uncooked dried linguine
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef*
- 1 1/3 cups garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 3 ounces (3/4 cup ( 3 ounces) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place ground beef in 10-inch skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned (5 to 8 minutes). Drain off fat. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato. Set aside.
- Combine cooked linguine, Parmesan cheese, egg, butter and basil in large bowl. Place mixture in and up sides of ungreased 9-inch pie pan.
- Combine ricotta cheese and sour cream in same large bowl. Spread over linguine. Spread beef mixture over ricotta layer. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. To serve, cut into wedges.
- Makes 6 servings.