- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) Velveeta cut into small chunks
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni as directed. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut butter and place in bottom of 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Beat egg and milk until well blended. Spoon 1/2 of macaroni over butter in baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the Velveeta, 1/2 of the shredded cheddar, and 1/2 of the milk mixture. Repeat layers of macaroni, cheeses, and milk.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove and stir until well blended.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
NotesDelicious mac and cheese that is perfect for a big group! No leftovers!
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More