- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 3 slices each
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated (I used shaved parmesan)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Olive Oil for drizzling over the top
- parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- In a small bowl toss together the Parmesan cheese, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Top each tomato slice evenly with the Parmesan cheese mixture. Use the spices left in the bottom of the bowl and sprinkle tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 10 minutes or until you notice the cheese start to turn gold.
- Garnish with parsley (optional) and serve.
NotesDelicious! I have been waiting on some good home grown tomatoes and I found them in South Carolina on our way home from vacation! They were big, beautiful red tomatoes! I knew as soon as I got home I was making this recipe! A low carb recipe that was so good! I love shaved parmesan which I buy from the fresh cheese deli at our local Kroger! It was perfect for the tomatoes! Melted nicely and with the spices this was a total hit!
I don't like heating up the house with the oven in the warm weather so I used my toaster oven and there was no heating of the house! So if you have a toaster oven, you should use it!
Great way to use up tomatoes from the garden! Addicting! They smell amazing too!