- Cooking Time: 34
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 10
- 5 fillets of Tilapia (about 20oz)
- 20oz white baking poptato about 2
- 1 medium white onion
- 4T light butter
- 1/2 C Parmesan Romano blend, grated
- 1/4 C white cooking wine
- 3 cloves garlic or to taste
- Fresh dill to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Thaw the fish if frozen and set aside to drain on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 450 and prepare a large baking dish with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Divide butter into 1/2, place one half in a small bowl and microwave about 20 seconds, set aside to cool.
- Peel and finely chop garlic, slice onions into thin rings.
- Melt 1T butter in a large skillet over medium heat, cook garlic a few minutes until fragrant, add in onion slices.
- Cook until onion is starting to get tender, but not completely.
- Spread in bottom of prepare pan.
- In the same pan melt the remaining T butter and sautee potatoes until they begin to get translucent around the edges, about 10 mins. Stir/flip often so they do not stick.
- You can also spray butter spray on top and then stir them to keep from sticking. I salted them quite heavily as I was cooking them.
- Once they have cooked spread them on top of the onions, trying to make an even layer.
- Put a lid/foil on the pan and bake at 450 for about 10-12 min, reduce heat 350 and take potatoes out.
- While potatoes are cooking combined melted butter, wine and most of the parmesan, stir to get a thick paste.
- At this time remove the lid/foil from potatoes and place fillets on top (I cut mine into fourths to make a more even distribution) If desired sprinkle fillets with fresh dill.
- Next spread the wine parmesan mixture evenly over fillets and cover pan with lid/foil. Bake at 350 for about 10-12 min more until fish is done and potatoes are tender.
- Its a bit tricky to time it just right, but the outcome is worth it.
- The fish is very flavorful and the potatoes get a nice buttery wine glaze.
- 6pts per serving.
NotesMy grandma gave me a huge bag of tilapia while home over the weekend and I wanted to do something with it right away so it wouldnt get lost in the freezer...after searching the WW website and BakeSpace I came up with this.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More