- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 1/4 cups grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (about 9 ounces), divided
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup diced baked ham or prosciutto
- 1/4 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain in a colander and rinse. Lightly toss with oil. Spoon pasta into prepared dish.
- While pasta is cooking, put broccoli into a large saucepan; add water to cover. Cook over medium-high heat until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Add broccoli to pasta and combine.
- In broccoli saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour. Cook, whisking constantly, about 2 minutes. Whisk in milk. With wooden spoon, stir in 2 cups Parmesan, mustard and pepper; stir in ham. Pour sauce over pasta mixture; mix well. Sprinkle casserole with bread crumbs and remaining Parmesan. Bake pasta until lightly browned and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More