- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 1/4 cups grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (about 9 ounces), divided
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup diced baked ham or prosciutto
- 1/4 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain in a colander and rinse. Lightly toss with oil. Spoon pasta into prepared dish.
- While pasta is cooking, put broccoli into a large saucepan; add water to cover. Cook over medium-high heat until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Add broccoli to pasta and combine.
- In broccoli saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour. Cook, whisking constantly, about 2 minutes. Whisk in milk. With wooden spoon, stir in 2 cups Parmesan, mustard and pepper; stir in ham. Pour sauce over pasta mixture; mix well. Sprinkle casserole with bread crumbs and remaining Parmesan. Bake pasta until lightly browned and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More