- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large, ripe peaches, peeled (if you like) and pitted
- 2/3 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter
- 12 oz. cream cheese
- 16 slices French bread, 1" thick and cubed
- EggBeater's® equivalent to 8 eggs (2 small containers)
- 2 c. half & half
- 2 Tb. vanilla extract
- Butter 13 X 9" baking dish.
- Pit and peel peaches and slice thinly. In large non-stick pan melt 1/2 c. butter with brown sugar. Add peaches and cook a couple of minutes. Pour into prepared baking dish. Let cool slightly.
- Cut cream cheese and bread into cubes and sprinkle over peaches, covering them completely.
- In mixing bowl combine EggBeater's®, half & half and vanilla. Pour over the bread and cream cheese cubes being sure to saturate all the bread. Sprnkle with cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate overnight. The next morning remove from the frig. about 30 min. before baking. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place baking dish in lower third of your oven on a baking sheet to catch any drippings. Bake 60 minutes or until it is puffy and golden brown. Remove from oven and let sit about 10 minutes before serving. Serve topped with whipped cream sprinkled with a little cinnamon.
NotesFrench toast is my absolute all-time FAVORITE breakfast!! This recipe is just one more reason why!! :o) I actually took bits and pieces from 3 different recipes to came up with this version for a Peach French Toast that we BOTH absolutely love!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More