- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lrg bosc pears
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/4 cup granola
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup low fat frozen yogurt
- Peel pears; cut in half lengthwise.
- Use a melon baler or grapefruit spoon to remove core and seeds, creating a hollow.
- Place pear halves, with cut sides up, in glass pie plate.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over pears.
- Combine dried fruit and granola; mound into hollows of the pear halves.
- Pour the apple juice in and around pear halves. Cover dish loosely with wax paper.
- Cook on high 6-8min, or until pears are tender when pierced with a knife.
- Let stand in the dish 5min.
- Use large slotted spoon to transfer the pears to serving plates.
- Drizzle juices from pie plate over pears and serve with frozen yogurt.