- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 medium Jewel or Garnet yams
- 2 TB butter, melted
- 1/4 cup orange or pineapple juice, optional
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake yams for about one hour, or until soft.
- The skins should peel off easily when they are still warm.
- Mash yams well and mix with butter and juice, if desired.
- Place yams in a square glass baking dish.
- Spread evenly and flatten the top.
- Toss pecans with maple syrup, cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- Spread evenly over the top of the yams.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until pecans are toasty and the yams are hot and bubbly.
- Serves 4-6
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More