- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 medium Jewel or Garnet yams
- 2 TB butter, melted
- 1/4 cup orange or pineapple juice, optional
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake yams for about one hour, or until soft.
- The skins should peel off easily when they are still warm.
- Mash yams well and mix with butter and juice, if desired.
- Place yams in a square glass baking dish.
- Spread evenly and flatten the top.
- Toss pecans with maple syrup, cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- Spread evenly over the top of the yams.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until pecans are toasty and the yams are hot and bubbly.
- Serves 4-6
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More