- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups Bechamel Sauce
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut in 8 3 ounce fillets
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup minced challots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 pound small shrimp, shelled and cooked
- 1/3 pound shredded crabmeat
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 8 slices
- Combine bechamel sauce,white wine and tarragon, in a small saucepan and keep warm.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place fillets between two pieces of waxed paper.
- Pound each fillet on both sides with a meat mallet until thin.
- Crush garlic cloves and combine with salt and pepper.
- Rub the garlic paste onto one side of each slice of meat.
- Over medium heat, sauté shallots in butter briefly until tender.
- Add shrimp and crab meat; sprinkle on the mustard.
- Stirring to blend, cook briefly to warm the shrimp and crab meat.
- Then add 1/2 cup of the warm béchamel sauce.
- Remove from the heat.
- To assemble, place a slice of cream cheese on each of four pieces of the pounded pork tenderloin.
- Spread equal amount of shrimp and crab stuffing over the cheese-covered meat.
- Top the filling with another slice of the cream cheese, then cover with a second piece of pork tenderloin.
- Place the Pork King Kalakaua in a shallow greased baking dish.
- Pour the remaining 1 1/2 cups béchamel sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
NotesIf you were a guest at the Sheraton in Maui than you could order this delightful pork dish, which was named after King David Kalakaua who reigned Hawaii from 1874 until his death in San Francisco in 1891.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More