BAKED POTATO SALAD WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 60 minutes
- 2 pounds red potatoes, washed
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 8 ounces (1 1/2 pound) smoked bacon, diced and cooked crisp
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Wisconsin aged cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Toss the potatoes, canola oil and 2 tsp. kosher salt in large bowl.
- Place the potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until the potatoes are tender for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on size.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towel. Set aside
- When the potatoes are baked and cool enough to handle, quarter them or cut into large chunks and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the bacon (reserve 1/3 cup), sour cream, green onions and cheddar cheese. Season with the remaining kosher salt and pepper.
- Fold all ingredients, being careful to leave the potatoes chunky.
- Scatter the reserved bacon on top. Best served warm.
NotesI saw this in the local paper and thought it sounded really good and easy to make. This will go great with hot sausage or kielbasa sandwiches.