- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Celery
- 3/4 Cup Salad Dressing (1/2 Miracle Whip and 1/2 Low-Fat Mayonnaise)
- 1/2 Red Onion, minced fine
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 TBL Dry Mustard
- 1 TBL Prepared Mustard (regular Mustard, not Dijon)
- 1/2 Cup Cooked, Crumbled Bacon (1/2# Bacon yields about 1/2 Cup Cooked Crisp and Crumbled Bacon)
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions Green part, minced fine
- 1/4 Cup Green Pepper diced fine
- Kosher Salt and Fresh-Ground Pepper (to taste)
- Break up Potato in a large bowl with a fork or pasty blender, so pieces are bite-sized.
- Combine the Potatoes with Celery, Salad Dressing, Onion, Milk, Vinegar, Mustards, Green Onions, Green Pepper and Crumbled Bacon. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Stir gently, but completely. Sprinkle the top with Paprika.
- Chill thoroughly.
NotesI made Potato Skin appetizers for a recent party and had 6 cups of scooped-out baked potato to use. I decided that a potato salad would be perfect. It is good even in the cool months as a quick side to hot, French Dip Sandwiches, for example! My son came to visit with a friend from college and it was a huge hit with them!
6 Cups Potato (from 14 Baked Russet Potatoes, that were halved and scooped out with a spoon) Save those Potato Skins to make Broiled, Stuffed Potato Skins the next day by topping them with shredded Cheddar Cheese, chopped Green Onions and Cooked, Crumbled Bacon, broiled until potatoes are hot and cheese is melted and bubbly and serve with Sour Cream)