- Cooking Time: 70 minutes + cooling
- Servings: 6-10 servings
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 8 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked shrimp or fully cooked ham, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Bake potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool slightly; cut in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4 in. shell. (Save removed potato pulp for another use.)
- Cut skins into strips or halves; brush skin sides with butter and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle pulp sides with salt and paprika; top each with the green onions, bacon, ham or shrimp, chopped peppers and cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and skins are crisp. Serve with sour cream.
NotesBe sure to make enough of these loaded treats because they will quickly disappear. Use the pulp to make a batch of mashed potatoes!