- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large baking potatoes (8oz each)
- 3 Tbsp thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. snipped fresh dill or 1/4 tsp. drid dill
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp. thinly sliced green onions
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled
- Scrub potatoes thoroughly with a brush, pat dry. Prick potatoes with a fork. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 40 to 60 min or until tender. Let cool. Cut potatoes in half length wise, gently scoop out each potato. Discard potato skins.
- In a large saucepan cook 3 Tbsp green onion in margarine until tender, stir in flour, dill, salt, and pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 min. more. Add potato pulp and 1/2 cup of the cheese, stir until cheese melts.
- To serve, ladle into soup bowls. Garnish each serving with the remaining shredded cheese 3 Tbsp green onion and bacon.
NotesWhen we made this, we used Yellow potatoes and it still turned out really good! This soup was so good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More