- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWhen we made this, we used Yellow potatoes and it still turned out really good! This soup was so good!
- 2 large baking potatoes (8oz each)
- 3 Tbsp thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. snipped fresh dill or 1/4 tsp. drid dill
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp. thinly sliced green onions
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled
- Scrub potatoes thoroughly with a brush, pat dry. Prick potatoes with a fork. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 40 to 60 min or until tender. Let cool. Cut potatoes in half length wise, gently scoop out each potato. Discard potato skins.
- In a large saucepan cook 3 Tbsp green onion in margarine until tender, stir in flour, dill, salt, and pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 min. more. Add potato pulp and 1/2 cup of the cheese, stir until cheese melts.
- To serve, ladle into soup bowls. Garnish each serving with the remaining shredded cheese 3 Tbsp green onion and bacon.