- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 9 baking potatoes
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups milk (whole, 2% or 1% works)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup bacon bits, divided or real bacon pieces
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 10 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (any fat variety)
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and cook in the microwave, 3 or 4 at a time, and scoop out the flesh (while the others are cooking).
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Stir in flour and cook about a minute.
- Whisk in milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Stir in potatoes, salt, pepper, 1/3 cup bacon bits, 2 tablespoons green onions and most of the cheese. Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in sour cream and heat through.
- Serve topped with remaining bacon, onions and cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Rocky Road Ice CreamSee More