- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 russet potatoes
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch broccoli, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- pinch crushed red pepper
- chopped crisp bacon
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- thinly sliced green onions
- sour cream
- Bake one of the potatoes until fully cooked, cool to room temperature. Sweat onions and garlic in olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-low heat until translucent. Peel and chop remaining potato. To the Dutch oven, add chicken stock, potato, seasonings, and broccoli. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook 20 minutes or until potato is soft. Meanwhile, peel and chop the baked potato. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup leaving it just a bit chunky. Stir in chopped baked potato and serve topped with garnishes of your choice.
NotesQuick and easy comfort food great for a rainy day.