- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 russet potatoes
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch broccoli, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- pinch crushed red pepper
- chopped crisp bacon
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- thinly sliced green onions
- sour cream
- Bake one of the potatoes until fully cooked, cool to room temperature. Sweat onions and garlic in olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-low heat until translucent. Peel and chop remaining potato. To the Dutch oven, add chicken stock, potato, seasonings, and broccoli. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook 20 minutes or until potato is soft. Meanwhile, peel and chop the baked potato. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup leaving it just a bit chunky. Stir in chopped baked potato and serve topped with garnishes of your choice.
NotesQuick and easy comfort food great for a rainy day.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Get Fit With Good Food!
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More