- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups (12-fluid oz. can) evaporate milk
- 2 large or 3 medium baking potatoes, baked or microwaved
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Tablespoons sliced green onion
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in broth and evaporated milk.
- Scoop potato pulp from one potato; mash.
- Add pulp to broth mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture just comes to a boil.
- Dice remaining potato skin and potatoes; add to soup.
- Heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top each serving with bacon, cheese, and green onion
- Variation: For a different twist to this recipe, omit the bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onion. Cook 2 Tablespoons of shredded carrot with the onion and add ¼ teaspoon dried dill weed to the soup when adding broth. Proceed as above.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More