- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups (12-fluid oz. can) evaporate milk
- 2 large or 3 medium baking potatoes, baked or microwaved
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Tablespoons sliced green onion
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in broth and evaporated milk.
- Scoop potato pulp from one potato; mash.
- Add pulp to broth mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture just comes to a boil.
- Dice remaining potato skin and potatoes; add to soup.
- Heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top each serving with bacon, cheese, and green onion
- Variation: For a different twist to this recipe, omit the bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onion. Cook 2 Tablespoons of shredded carrot with the onion and add ¼ teaspoon dried dill weed to the soup when adding broth. Proceed as above.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Cooking with SabraSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More