- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 9 baking potatoes
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup bacon bits, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 10 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- Prick potatoes with a fork and cook in the microwave, 3 or 4 at a time, and scoop out the flesh (while the others are cooking).
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook about a minute. Whisk in milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly until thickened. Stir in potatoes, salt, pepper, 1/3 cup bacon bits, 2 tablespoons green onions and most of the cheese. Cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in sour cream and heat through. Serve topped with remaining bacon, onions and cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
GAES PTO Recipes
The Social CookbookSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More