- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 6-8 medium to large potatos (baked, peeled and roughly cubed)
- 6 cups of milk
- 1C of butter or margerine
- 1C flour
- 1 1/2 cups green onions, chopped
- 1C bacon pieces (or bacon bits)
- 1 1/2 C cheese (I like colby jack)
- 1 small container of sour cream
- Melt butter in pot and slowly sir in flour.
- When well combined whisk in milk until there are no lumps and all of flour and butter mixture is mixed in.
- Bring to a boil and add potatos (keep stirring so the milk doesn't burn)
- Add green onions and bacon.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- garnish with a little sour cream
- **Note, Prep time and cook time do not include the hour it takes to bake the potatos, so please keep that in mind.**
NotesI loooove this recipe, it makes a lot and it tastes amazing the next day as well. It is yet another recipe cobbled together because I ate it somewhere, loved it, and went through my usual trial and error to get it to taste like what I ate somewhere else.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More