- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 6-8 medium to large potatos (baked, peeled and roughly cubed)
- 6 cups of milk
- 1C of butter or margerine
- 1C flour
- 1 1/2 cups green onions, chopped
- 1C bacon pieces (or bacon bits)
- 1 1/2 C cheese (I like colby jack)
- 1 small container of sour cream
- Melt butter in pot and slowly sir in flour.
- When well combined whisk in milk until there are no lumps and all of flour and butter mixture is mixed in.
- Bring to a boil and add potatos (keep stirring so the milk doesn't burn)
- Add green onions and bacon.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- garnish with a little sour cream
- **Note, Prep time and cook time do not include the hour it takes to bake the potatos, so please keep that in mind.**
NotesI loooove this recipe, it makes a lot and it tastes amazing the next day as well. It is yet another recipe cobbled together because I ate it somewhere, loved it, and went through my usual trial and error to get it to taste like what I ate somewhere else.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More