BAKED RICE WITH CHICKEN AND KIELBASA
- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 1/2 C jasmine rice, uncooked
- 3 1/4 C chicken broth, fat free
- 1 tsp thyme
- pinch of saffron, crushed
- 1 pound chicken breast, skinless
- 14 oz turkey kielbasa, extra lean
- 1 leek, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 C frozen peas
- salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 400F.
Heat chicken broth, thyme and saffron until very hot.
Cut chicken and kielbasa into bite-sized pieces and put in large casserole dish. Add sliced leeks, minced garlic, peas and uncooked rice.
Toss until well mixed.
Pour hot broth over mixture.
Bake uncovered, 45 minutes, or until rice is tender and broth is absorbed.
This makes 8 hearty one cup servings.
Nutritional Info per Serving