- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 1/2 C jasmine rice, uncooked
- 3 1/4 C chicken broth, fat free
- 1 tsp thyme
- pinch of saffron, crushed
- 1 pound chicken breast, skinless
- 14 oz turkey kielbasa, extra lean
- 1 leek, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 C frozen peas
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat chicken broth, thyme and saffron until very hot.
- Cut chicken and kielbasa into bite-sized pieces and put in large casserole dish. Add sliced leeks, minced garlic, peas and uncooked rice.
- Toss until well mixed.
- Pour hot broth over mixture.
- Bake uncovered, 45 minutes, or until rice is tender and broth is absorbed.
- This makes 8 hearty one cup servings.
- Nutritional Info per Serving
- Fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrates: 37.5g
- Protein: 22.1g
NotesTrying to put together lighter, family friendly recipes that even my pickiest eater will like, I came up with this. It's really good... and very low fat!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More