- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 1/2 C jasmine rice, uncooked
- 3 1/4 C chicken broth, fat free
- 1 tsp thyme
- pinch of saffron, crushed
- 1 pound chicken breast, skinless
- 14 oz turkey kielbasa, extra lean
- 1 leek, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 C frozen peas
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat chicken broth, thyme and saffron until very hot.
- Cut chicken and kielbasa into bite-sized pieces and put in large casserole dish. Add sliced leeks, minced garlic, peas and uncooked rice.
- Toss until well mixed.
- Pour hot broth over mixture.
- Bake uncovered, 45 minutes, or until rice is tender and broth is absorbed.
- This makes 8 hearty one cup servings.
- Nutritional Info per Serving
- Fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrates: 37.5g
- Protein: 22.1g
NotesTrying to put together lighter, family friendly recipes that even my pickiest eater will like, I came up with this. It's really good... and very low fat!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More