Baked Rosemary Chicken with Onions, Garlic, and Sweet Peppers
1 1/2- 2 lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins
Pepper to taste
2 Large Onions sliced and quartered
6-12 cloves of Garlic, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
4 Teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 400F degrees, with rack in the middle of the oven
2. Rinse chicken and pat dry: season with salt & pepper
3. In a large bowl, mix the garlic, oil & rosemary
4. Save 2 tablespoons of the oil mixture
5. Toss the onion & sweet peppers in the large bowl with the garlic, oil and rosemary
6. Spread half of the onion and sweet pepper mixture in a shallow baking dish, large enough to hold the chicken pieces in a single layer.
7. Arrange the chicken pieces on top of the onion & sweet pepper mixture, then cover with remaining onion & sweet pepper mixture.
8. Drizzle with the extra 2 tablespoons of olive oil mixture that you held aside.
9. Bake until chicken is done, approximately 30 minutes
NOTE: (You can substitute 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 lbs of chicken parts instead of boneless tenderloins, but will have to cook approximately 45-55 minutes.)