- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 loaf Rhodes bread dough, thawed and risen
- 1/3 cup light Italian cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced turkey pastrami
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- Spray board or counter with non-stick cooking spray. Roll dough into a 12 X 18-inch rectangle. With a clean ruler, gently mark a 4-inch space down the center. Then mark dough into 2-inch strips horizontally. Pour dressing down the center of the dough. Spread layer of pastrami, then slices of swiss cheese. Top with sauerkraut.
- Make cuts on sides from filling to dough edges. Begin braid by folding top row toward filling. Then fold strips left over right, right over left. Fold bottom end towards filling and finish by stretching last strip and tucking under.
- Support braid with both hands and place on baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Brush braid with egg white and sprinkle with caraway seeds. Bake at 350 degrees F 30-35 minutes or until browned. Cool slightly and slice to serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More