- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. Scallops
- 1/3 cup Bread Crumbs(or crushed Corn Flakes)
- 1/5 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp low fat Buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp ground Thyme
- Preheat oven to 500F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Combine scallops and buttermilk, turning to coat in a mixing bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to marinate. This will make the scallops tender.
- In small mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs (or corn flake crumbs), salt and thyme.
- Dredge each scallop in crumb mixture, coating both sides.
- Arrange scallops on baking sheet.
- Bake carefully turning scallops over until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
NotesThis is a very easy appetizer to make and it cooks very fast. I don't recall where I got the recipe from, but I have made it many times and it's always a hit. You can use either bread crumbs or corn flakes or combination of the two to dredge the scallops in for baking.
Cooking with Sabra
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Texas Armadillo Eggs
KNOTT'S BERRY FARM MEATLOAF
American as Apple PieSee More