- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. Scallops
- 1/3 cup Bread Crumbs(or crushed Corn Flakes)
- 1/5 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp low fat Buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp ground Thyme
- Preheat oven to 500F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Combine scallops and buttermilk, turning to coat in a mixing bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to marinate. This will make the scallops tender.
- In small mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs (or corn flake crumbs), salt and thyme.
- Dredge each scallop in crumb mixture, coating both sides.
- Arrange scallops on baking sheet.
- Bake carefully turning scallops over until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
NotesThis is a very easy appetizer to make and it cooks very fast. I don't recall where I got the recipe from, but I have made it many times and it's always a hit. You can use either bread crumbs or corn flakes or combination of the two to dredge the scallops in for baking.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More