- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. Scallops
- 1/3 cup Bread Crumbs(or crushed Corn Flakes)
- 1/5 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp low fat Buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp ground Thyme
- Preheat oven to 500F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Combine scallops and buttermilk, turning to coat in a mixing bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to marinate. This will make the scallops tender.
- In small mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs (or corn flake crumbs), salt and thyme.
- Dredge each scallop in crumb mixture, coating both sides.
- Arrange scallops on baking sheet.
- Bake carefully turning scallops over until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
NotesThis is a very easy appetizer to make and it cooks very fast. I don't recall where I got the recipe from, but I have made it many times and it's always a hit. You can use either bread crumbs or corn flakes or combination of the two to dredge the scallops in for baking.
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Cooking with Sabra
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More