- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 hard cooked eggs
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs, purchased or home made, plain or seasoned
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- On a sheet of waxed paper, divide sausage into 6 equal portions; wrap 1 portion around each egg. Roll each wrapped egg in bread crumbs. Beat egg with mustard and water; dip sausage-wrapped eggs in beaten egg mixture.
- Roll in bread crumbs again;place on a rack in a shallow baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for about 35 minutes or until browned, turning once during baking. Cut into halves lengthwise; serve hot with Dijon sauce or sauce of your choice.
- Serves 6.
- Dijon Sauce: In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour; cook for about 1 minute, whisking constantly, until smooth and bubbling. Add seasonings, then add 1 cup of half-and-half a little at a time. Continue whisking until thickened; add more half-and-half until desired consistency is reached. Whisk in mustard; serve over Scotch eggs, vegetables, or fried fish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce