- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3-arge artichokes
- 8-tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2-cloves garlic, minced
- 1-whole red snapper or sea bass (about 2 pounds), gutted and scaled with head and tail intact
- Salt and black pepper
- 3-small sprigs fresh rosemary, divided
- 1-tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Pour half the lemon juice and squeezed lemon halves in large bowl. Fill bowl half full with cold water; set aside. Reserve remaining lemon juice.
- 2.To prepare artichokes, bend back dark outer leaves and snap off at base. Continue snapping off leaves until bottom halves are yellow. Cut 1-1/2 inches off tops of artichokes; trim stems to 1 inch. Peel tough green layer from stem and base. Cut artichokes lengthwise (from tops) into quarters; place quarters in lemon water to help prevent discoloration.
- 3.Working with 1 artichoke quarter at a time, remove small-shaped heart leaves from center by grasping with fingers, then pulling and twisting. Scoop out fuzzy choke with spoon. Cut artichoke quarters lengthwise into thin slices.
- Quickly return slices to lemon water. Repeat step with remaining artichoke quarters.
- 4.Drain artichoke slices. Heat 6 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add artichokes and garlic. Cover; cook 5 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 5.Preheat oven to 425°F. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Season fish inside and out with salt and pepper. Place in baking pan.
- 6.Stuff fish cavity with as many artichoke slices as will fit and 1 sprig rosemary. Arrange remaining artichoke slices and 2 sprigs rosemary around fish.
- 7.Combine reserved lemon juice, remaining 2 tablespoons oil and parsley; drizzle over fish. Bake 30 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with fork, basting occasionally with pan juices
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
The Naked MacaronSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
CRISPY BAKED RAVIOLI
Banana TrifleSee More