- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (2 1/4-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. In a skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, oregano and beef. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Place half the spaghetti in baking dish. Top with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheddar cheese. Repeat layers.
- Mix soup and water; pour over casserole. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake uncovered 30 minutes.
- Servings: Serves 12.