- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 T. butter
- 1/4 C. chopped onion
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. flour
- 1 3/4 C. half-and-half
- 2 (9 oz. each) packages frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced or coarsely chopped.
- 1 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 envelope dry vegetable soup mix (1 oz.)
- 1/2 C. shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is tender-- 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour; cook and stir an additional minute.
- Add half-and-half and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens, about 2 minutes
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chopped spinach, water chestnuts, cheddar cheese and vegetable soup mix.
- Spoon into 1 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake until bubbly and cheese is melted--10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with crackers or slices of French bread.
NotesThis is a tried and true dip. Carefully choosing your baking dish adds to the presentation. I have a small casserole dish that works beautifully.
This is a good spinach dip.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Cartier CreationsSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More