- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 T. butter
- 1/4 C. chopped onion
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. flour
- 1 3/4 C. half-and-half
- 2 (9 oz. each) packages frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced or coarsely chopped.
- 1 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 envelope dry vegetable soup mix (1 oz.)
- 1/2 C. shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is tender-- 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour; cook and stir an additional minute.
- Add half-and-half and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens, about 2 minutes
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chopped spinach, water chestnuts, cheddar cheese and vegetable soup mix.
- Spoon into 1 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake until bubbly and cheese is melted--10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with crackers or slices of French bread.
NotesThis is a tried and true dip. Carefully choosing your baking dish adds to the presentation. I have a small casserole dish that works beautifully.
This is a good spinach dip.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More