- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 T. butter
- 1/4 C. chopped onion
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. flour
- 1 3/4 C. half-and-half
- 2 (9 oz. each) packages frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced or coarsely chopped.
- 1 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 envelope dry vegetable soup mix (1 oz.)
- 1/2 C. shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is tender-- 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour; cook and stir an additional minute.
- Add half-and-half and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens, about 2 minutes
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chopped spinach, water chestnuts, cheddar cheese and vegetable soup mix.
- Spoon into 1 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake until bubbly and cheese is melted--10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with crackers or slices of French bread.
NotesThis is a tried and true dip. Carefully choosing your baking dish adds to the presentation. I have a small casserole dish that works beautifully.
This is a good spinach dip.