- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 pcs
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds grated sweet potatoes
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray or use a silpat.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Drop by 1/3-cupfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Flatten with spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes; flip and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with light sour cream and a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.
NotesThese latkes are thicker than the baked russet potato version that I made previously, and much more hash-brown like in consistency. Don’t forget to top them with your favorite condiments. I prefer sour cream, light of course — sticking with the whole donut guilt theme, but apple sauce or a fruity yogurt would also be a great addition.
Baked Sweet Potato Latkes (based on the recipe originally published in Women’s Health Magazine)
Read more about this recipe at my food blog ErinCooks.com
Cooking with Sabra
Indian Inspired STIR-FRYs
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More