- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 pcs
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThese latkes are thicker than the baked russet potato version that I made previously, and much more hash-brown like in consistency. Don’t forget to top them with your favorite condiments. I prefer sour cream, light of course — sticking with the whole donut guilt theme, but apple sauce or a fruity yogurt would also be a great addition.
Baked Sweet Potato Latkes (based on the recipe originally published in Women’s Health Magazine)
Read more about this recipe at my food blog ErinCooks.com
- 2 pounds grated sweet potatoes
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray or use a silpat.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Drop by 1/3-cupfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Flatten with spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes; flip and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with light sour cream and a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.