- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 medium sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork, and bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool potatoes slightly.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion, ginger, and garlic; cook 3 minutes. Add cumin, coriander, and pepper; cook 1 minute. Add 3/4 cup water and next 4 ingredients (through salt), stirring until smooth; bring to a simmer. Cook 2 minutes or until thick.
- Split potatoes lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side. Spoon about 1/4 cup sauce into each potato. Top each serving with 1 teaspoon cilantro.
NotesThese are really, really tasty!
50 Shades of Taste
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat NecessarySee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More