- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 45
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 6 tbsp flour
- 1 stick melted butter
- Boil potatoes until soft.
- Skin potatoes and mash in a large bowl with sugar, eggs, vanilla, milk, and butter until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a large casserole dish.
- Combine topping ingredients until chunky and sprinkle on top of potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
NotesMy husband's aunt served this years ago at a family holiday dinner. I requested the recipe and we've been serving it at our own Thanksgiving for years. This is very sweet and dessert-like, so you can adjust the sugar to your taste.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More