- Cooking Time: 1
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 slices of Swiss Cheese
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- Marsala, Sherry, or Apple Juice
- 2 cups dry Chicken or Herb stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup melted Butter
- Rinse and pat dry the Chicken Breasts.
- Place in a 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of each breast.
- Pour the soup in a bowl, then fill the soup can 1/2 full with the Marsala (or Sherry or Apple Juice) and mix in with the soup.
- Pour the soup mixture over the breasts.
- Top the breasts with the dry stuffing mix, then drizzle the butter over all.
- Bake @ 350F for 1 hour, or till done.
NotesThis is an adaptaton of a recipe I saw in a "Homecooking" magazine. It is so simple, but good enough for company
NOTES: I used Campbell's Cream of Chicken with Herbs soup..VERY good. Be sure to NOT use any product designated as "cooking" sherry or marsala, as it is VERY salty and not too tasty. I used "Stovetop" stuffing mix from a canister...worked really well. Finally, being always scared of undercooking chicken, I actually cook mine for about 10 minutes more than an hour...comes out fine!