- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles. Let sauce cool.
- Pour cooled sauce into bottom of greased 9x13 casserole dish. Dip one side of each chicken piece into the sauce and then place piece, sauce dipped side up, into the pan. Let marinate in fridge for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until internal temp is 165 degrees. Baste the chicken with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking.
NotesThis is absolutely delicious. I served it with "Baked Garlic Rice Pilaf" and steamed broccoli. What a great dinner.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More