- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 jar (28 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14 oz.) chicken broth
- 2 cups halved sliced zucchini
- 1 can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded mozzerella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Spray 3 qt. casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray (olive oil spray if you have it. no biggie)
- Combine tomato sauce, broth, zucchini, mushrooms and rice in the dish.
- Bake, uncovered, foe 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir. Cover and bake 15 to 20 minutes more or until rice is tender. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered about five minutes (or until cheese melts).
- Serves 6
NotesThe last third of the summer in New England brings out all the backyard farmers whose obligation is to share their zucchini. Not because they're proud of it, but because they planted two seeds and now have four hundred pounds of the stuff! Here's one (delicious) way to get rid of it.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More