- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryBacon is what seriously reeled me in with this little gem of a recipe. When I saw Baked Tortellini with Bacon in my little Everyday Food issue...I just couldn't not make it.
- 4 slices of bacon, sliced into 1/2 length pieces (I think I used more....by accident)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 cups of milk (a little may be needed to get desired consistency
- 1 lb of cheese tortellini (or your favorite) not cooked
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Heat your broiler with the rack in the top position.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon down (brown and crisp). Transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain (this is the danger zone....wandering fingers are lurking). Toss the onion and garlic into the pan and season with salt and pepper. Saute until the onion is soft. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly for 30 seconds.
- While whisking, slowly add the milk. Add the tortellini
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and cook until liquid has thickened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat....add the bacon and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
- Now....if you have this going on in a cast iron skillet (like I did), you can leave it in there. If not, you'll want to transfer it to a broiler proof baking dish. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and place in the broiler for about 3 - 5 minutes or until golden brown
- More Bacon Recipes you may enjoy!